THANK YOU Ned aka: http://gigoid.me/ for nominating me for this Inspiring Blogger Award! You stated: Thanks, Patricia, I’m glad you enjoyed today’s post…. and you’re welcome…. Your pix inspire me to try to write better, (and, since I got my new camera, to shoot better photos, myself….), so it’s well deserved…. Take care, & Blessed Be…. That is one of the kindest compliments I have ever gotten. I am humbly grateful.
Here are the terms of this lovely honor:
1. Display the award logo on your blog (top).
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (below logo)
3. State 7 things about yourself (below terms).
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them (below 7 things). Did my best…
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements (will do).
Seven things about me:
1. I found a God of my understanding who loves me best.
2. I have faced my demons, made my amends and am living Happy, Healthy and In Love today.
3. I love music and love to dance and feel the music in me most of the time.
4. I love to take pictures with my iPhone, my camera or my mind.
5. I am currently training with a Crossfit trainer who is helping me get healthier, with exercise, discipline and a good food combination plan that is working for me.
6. I am married to my best friend and have been with him for 25 years… he is the reason I am Happy, Healthy and In Love.
7. I am free!
My favorite blogging inspirations for today are:
There are so many more that are inspirational to me that I follow but not enough time to acknowledge you all. I post comments on many of your sights when you move me so you know who you are… thank you for the support we give and get here on WordPress.com. You keep the fire lit and the juices flowing to learn more about photography and ways to be creative.
namaste my friends…
As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.
~ Emmanuel Teney
Faith means living with uncertainty – feeling your way through life, letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark.
~ Dan Millman
Faith is an invisible and invincible magnet, and attracts to itself whatever it fervently desires and calmly and persistently expects.
~ Ralph Waldo Trine
Faith is a challenge, especially when life is not running at the speed of David…or in congruence with Patricia.
More will be revealed…
Way Spiritual Dave
Made this hat this morning after my hubby left for work… kind of like it so I think I will wear it.
I am going to be more active this year, besides photography, blogging, cooking, managing properties and our home, spending time with my hubby, and caring for his needs for work, etc., which is primary for me of course. I have a few new goals!
I have a couple of projects in mind and will be brain storming with my friend later this evening, and I am very excited about it! Hush, hush, can’t say just yet… but who knows?
This year is gonna be a fantastic one, I can feel it!!!
As I look back at the past year I realize I have taken some pretty big strides toward my “bucket list”… I only call it that because everyone knows what that is.
- I vowed to pick up my camera and start taking pictures, check!
- I vowed to start posting to a blog daily to share my favorite photos, and thoughts, check!
- I vowed to be of service to others by carrying the message, check!
- I vowed to re-connect with my long lost siblings after almost 40 years, check!
- I vowed to step out of my comfort zone by setting up a family Facebook page, check!
Now here it is 2013 and I am pondering how I want to grow this year.
- I want to master the use of my camera and not count on blind ass luck
- I want to exercise more
- I want to creatively collaborate with my friend to start a new secret artistic project (we are sworn to secrecy until we choose our method)
- I want to rewrite my children’s book
That’s a good start, and as the year progresses I know my list will evolve.
For me saying out loud what my heart is feeling is the beginning of the manifestation of dreams.
Look out 2013… here I come!
he awesomeness of the morning light, as I try to capture the brilliance as it is captivating me!
So all of my goals have been met today… Yay!!!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far – Reflections! (patriciaddrury.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (patriciaddrury.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (stephenkellycreative.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (smkelly8.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (theinspiredpacker.wordpress.com)
Ok today I did it… I actually went to Palm Desert Park and took a bunch of pictures, and had fun doing it. I saw ducks, pretty bold goose, a curious turtle and a couple of doves in a tree. I took more photos of the trip home. I actually am excited about Walking through my fears… and feeling pretty good about it. Thanks for all the supportive messages. Feels good to know I am not alone in my journey!
Yesterday was not like any other day… I stepped out of my “hula hoop”, or my comfort zone as you will. Getting out my Canon Eos and taking a dozen or so photos in my front yard, of my neighborhood. Doesn’t sound like a big deal but for me it was.
Today I am going to attempt to follow through with my goal, not a resolution, ( def.: the act of analyzing a complex notion into simpler one… ) but a goal, ( def.: the end toward which effort is directed). I like the idea of directing my effort… sounds more natural to me.
I am even going to get in my car and drive out of my big hula hoop, my neighborhood and travel to someone else’s! I am not suffering from agoraphobia (def.: abnormal fear of being helpless in an embarrassing or inescapable situation that is characterized especially by the avoidance of open or public places)… I just have had fear of picking up the dang thang (Canon Eos) that I wanted for so very long, and actually using it!
When I was a kid I wanted a pair of roller skates for my birthday and my dad got me a pair… you could not get me off those skates. I would skate in a loop in our basement over and over and over with a smile on my face. What happened between then and now? I became, and probably was, an addict/alcoholic… all or nothing but mostly all! I lived an un-authentic life, deceit, self-centeredness, ego, uncontrollable urges that were very destructive for 37 years of my life.
Then almost 30 years ago I found AA, I found a sponsor and women who helped me find God. I found a fellowship that had no rules and only one requirement… and they loved me back to life using the 12 steps. I could write about the recovery portion of my story for days, and I will later… stay tuned.
But, what I am getting at, is my need to control (Coda) has another great program that I support and supports me. If I can’t do a thing perfect, I don’t do it. Simple, yet not very authentic of me to turn my back on what my God does will might be for me.
You see, I intuitively know photography is good for me, and I am good at it, at the level I am and remain. My intuition is God whispering in my ear, by the way.
I don’t trust myself to be better at it, to be smart enough to learn about it, to retain all of the vast amount of knowledge that I have found for fun and for free these last four weeks on WordPress and in the community of giving talented people (bloggers) here.
Now I have not excuse to take the next first step, do I? Yesterday I cracked the door of willingness and took some pics outside, my next first step… go exploring and just SHOOT!
What’s that all about?
Anyone else had any experience in this area?
Photo seen on Facebook