Those were the days my friend
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | illuminating the invisible
- Photography and Poetry: Nostalgia | Bastet and Sekhmet
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic « Jejak-jejak yang Terserak
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Jejak Langkah…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | blogagaini
- Nostalgic | Sue Ann’s Balcony
- Nostalgic – WPhotoC | Ouch!! My back hurts!!
- Nostalgic | restlessjo
- Ferris Wheel | cielopop
- Weekly photo challenge: Nostalgic | Let the great wheels spin
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Foto challenge
- Silent Sunday | Stray Thoughts
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Hamburg und Mee(h)r
- My favourite childhood memento | thoughtsofrkh
- My favourite childhood memento | thoughtsofrkh
- A nostalgic station | Summerfield84’s English blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic – II | My.Vivid.Visions
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Sonel’s Corner
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | The World Is a Book…
- Nostalgic : Weekly Photo Challenge | Canadiantravelbugs’s Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | travels with toby
- Nostalgic | From the 90’s
- old friend | yi-ching lin photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic « sianakdesa
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Do You See What I See??
A Day in My Life. Another multi-photo challenge! Make sure you include picture captions to explain to people what they’re seeing, and experiment with the tiled galleries I love so much.
What does your day look like? Here’s your chance to share with everyone a day in your life! Here are some suggestions to get started: snap a picture once an hour and share what your day was like, walk us through a typical day for you, or even just what happened today!
Pick the best pictures which give your readers a sense of a day in your life and share them!
Grateful for another day… a full and amazing life as we are Happy, Healthy and In Love!!!
For many more amazing posts:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in the Life | Love in the Spaces
- A day in My Life: Husband day! | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
- 3-30-13 Is It Live Or Is It Memorex? | The Quotidian Hudson
- A Day In My Life | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Portrait of a Tulip … Happy Easter! | Eyes to Heart
- Inner Child is calling | IMAGES & WORDS
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | The Good Villager
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In My Life | Pa-BLAM!
- A Day (or so) in My Life: a Moment of Thankfulness at Easter | Midlife Crisis Crossover
- My Awesome Saturday | Kari Neumeyer ~ Rhymes with Safari
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | West Coast Kayaker
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | beeblu blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | Life of a Minister Mom
- Weekly phone | Julia’s Place
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In The (My) Life (3) | What’s (in) the picture?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | Jinan Daily Photo
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | studio Nem
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In My Life « Life&Ink
I am not ashamed to be almost 67, I feel I am having the best time of my life!
My son Andy was born on my 21st birthday so we share our belly button birthday!
Last year was the first time we celebrated together (a long story to be told here one day). Here are some photos from last years Birthday party. Our mom,Flee, my husband David, and Andy’s wife Kristin, our only grandkids, Jennifer and Andrew, our other two children, David, his girlfriend Stephania and Dana made it the best birthday ever… we may never be together again as a family on our birthday but i have sweet memories to last me for a lifetime!
So this year, I am in California, he is in Dallas, TX, but I am sending the love and hugs across the miles and pray for us all to be Happy, Healthy and In Love in the coming year!
Thanks for sharing this with me!
Made this hat this morning after my hubby left for work… kind of like it so I think I will wear it.
I am going to be more active this year, besides photography, blogging, cooking, managing properties and our home, spending time with my hubby, and caring for his needs for work, etc., which is primary for me of course. I have a few new goals!
I have a couple of projects in mind and will be brain storming with my friend later this evening, and I am very excited about it! Hush, hush, can’t say just yet… but who knows?
This year is gonna be a fantastic one, I can feel it!!!
As I look back at the past year I realize I have taken some pretty big strides toward my “bucket list”… I only call it that because everyone knows what that is.
- I vowed to pick up my camera and start taking pictures, check!
- I vowed to start posting to a blog daily to share my favorite photos, and thoughts, check!
- I vowed to be of service to others by carrying the message, check!
- I vowed to re-connect with my long lost siblings after almost 40 years, check!
- I vowed to step out of my comfort zone by setting up a family Facebook page, check!
Now here it is 2013 and I am pondering how I want to grow this year.
- I want to master the use of my camera and not count on blind ass luck
- I want to exercise more
- I want to creatively collaborate with my friend to start a new secret artistic project (we are sworn to secrecy until we choose our method)
- I want to rewrite my children’s book
That’s a good start, and as the year progresses I know my list will evolve.
For me saying out loud what my heart is feeling is the beginning of the manifestation of dreams.
Look out 2013… here I come!
Christmas Miracle in the desert
This year my friends and I decided to adopt a family of five children and their grandparents for Christmas. Their moms abandoned their kids and the baby, Matthew, four months old was born addicted to drugs. The other four children, Vincent, 9, Marisa 7, Maribel 6 and Isiah 4’s mom simply gave them up. Marie and Frank decided to take them in last year and they haven’t been able to pay their utilities, and have made payments on their light bill to keep them on. They could only afford to purchase one gift for the kids to share so they put a trampoline in layaway for Christmas.
My friend Laura told us about this family, she works with Marie, and who is the bread winner for the family and Frank stays home with the children. Both Marie and Frank are diabetic, but have hearts of gold.
We started collecting clothing, gifts and money for this family and this is my garage with the donations of loving friends, who have never met this family:
I got to meet the children this week, and I gave them one bag of toys for the boys and baby dolls, to the girls… you would have thought they won the lottery:
This is my friend Laura on the left who introduced our “family to Marie and Frank and their beautiful grandbabies:
and here is Frank who cares for the children when Marie is hard at work… He told me he knew God was one of the reasons that we were helping them because they have been struggling for a year, since they took in their grandchildren… his eyes welled up and I told Him we knew God had a hand in this miracle, and that they had friends who cared about them and they were not alone!
I told the kids that I spoke to Santa and he had a very big delivery for them on Christmas morning and their eyes lit up! We wrapped the whole garage full of gifts for each of these precious children and Marie and Laura picked them all up in their van and another vehicle. As Marie’s eyes welled up she said “Who are these people?” We gave her $725 dollars and she is able to pay off her light bill, pick up the trampoline, and know that we are going to support them in the future, even with $10 or $20 for milk and to make sure their lights don’t ever go dark…
This is the best Christmas of my life!!! Not one gift around our tree, but the tears of gratitude are flowing as one of our donors 4 year old boy picked out all of his favorite toys to give these children and that night when he said his prayers he said… “God please watch over my new little friends so they may have a very Merry Christmas!!!” omg
OMG I was a second from being killed just now… Still shaking. At red light on Hwy 111 and Magnesia Falls light tuned green and I hesitated… A car going 80 mph ran the red light without slowing and would have hit me on my side… I sat for a second and lucky cars behind me didn’t rear end me…. Thank u God thank u God thank u God!!!!!!!
Doing the Happy Dance!!!
Love this topic since my byline is:
Happy, Healthy and In Love!
Here are my family, friends and home, who make me the most happy:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
I love this topic, as I thought about it I realized that one of my prized material possessions is my kitchen! I designed it and chose the materials, laid out the floor plan, shopped for the appliances, tile, cupboards, and paint. I wanted to share a before and after photo… to give you an idea of what I lived with for many years and what I got to help maifest with the help of my husband and our sub contractors, of course:
This was how it looked when we bought it and I cooked some pretty mean meals in this one for over eight years!
And now… ta da!
This is mine! I love to cook! I feel blessed to have a home based kitchen where I can see the big screen tv when football games are on, with my husband. We are huge NFL fans and watch Red Zone every Sunday… all day long. So my kitchen brings me joy, and allows me to prepare healthy meals for my husband and friends. There is always a place to rest and nourish here. I am happy to share it with you all. The joy of cooking is the joy of living… so of course I am Happy, Healthy and In Love!!!!
For more on the topic of Mine take a look at these:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | mothergrogan
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Day One
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Mine « The Best Years Are…
- WordPress Source Code: « AyoifesWebAuthoringBlog
- weekly photo challenge: mine | bob’s wife
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Rois
- Weekly Photo Challenge – MINE aka October Fools Day… | Ouch!! My back hurts!!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Try 2B cool ‘n smart…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « All that I am, all that I ever was…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | Chronicles of Illusions
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | Photography Journal Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | rfljenksy – Practicing Simplicity
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « danajoward
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | Four Deer Oak
- What’s mine? Ha…what a question for the WordPress weekly photo challenge to ask just now! |
- Weekly Photo Challange – Mine: Grandma « A New Day
- How has WordPress evolved as a business tool? | Open Knowledge
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Mine « Tacts Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | artistisk
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine – For my eyes only | Taking a Deep Breath
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Grandmother Musings
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | Carra Design
- We call him Fur Face | Beyond the Brush
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Ruth E Hendricks Photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « The Hoppy Mommy Bunny
- Mine Brothers (aka Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine) | One Not Alone.
- What’s Yours Is Mine and What’s Mine Is « the REmissionary
- Weekly Photo Challenge: s1ngal’s « s1ngal
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine… | Mirth and Motivation
- Mine is a Question of Perspective | The Wanderlust Gene
- Weekly photo challenge: Mine « Connie’s World