Those were the days my friend
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | illuminating the invisible
- Photography and Poetry: Nostalgia | Bastet and Sekhmet
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic « Jejak-jejak yang Terserak
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Jejak Langkah…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | blogagaini
- Nostalgic | Sue Ann’s Balcony
- Nostalgic – WPhotoC | Ouch!! My back hurts!!
- Nostalgic | restlessjo
- Ferris Wheel | cielopop
- Weekly photo challenge: Nostalgic | Let the great wheels spin
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Foto challenge
- Silent Sunday | Stray Thoughts
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Hamburg und Mee(h)r
- My favourite childhood memento | thoughtsofrkh
- My favourite childhood memento | thoughtsofrkh
- A nostalgic station | Summerfield84’s English blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic – II | My.Vivid.Visions
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Sonel’s Corner
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | The World Is a Book…
- Nostalgic : Weekly Photo Challenge | Canadiantravelbugs’s Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | travels with toby
- Nostalgic | From the 90’s
- old friend | yi-ching lin photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic « sianakdesa
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Do You See What I See??
THANK YOU Ned aka: http://gigoid.me/ for nominating me for this Inspiring Blogger Award! You stated: Thanks, Patricia, I’m glad you enjoyed today’s post…. and you’re welcome…. Your pix inspire me to try to write better, (and, since I got my new camera, to shoot better photos, myself….), so it’s well deserved…. Take care, & Blessed Be…. That is one of the kindest compliments I have ever gotten. I am humbly grateful.
Here are the terms of this lovely honor:
1. Display the award logo on your blog (top).
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (below logo)
3. State 7 things about yourself (below terms).
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them (below 7 things). Did my best…
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements (will do).
Seven things about me:
1. I found a God of my understanding who loves me best.
2. I have faced my demons, made my amends and am living Happy, Healthy and In Love today.
3. I love music and love to dance and feel the music in me most of the time.
4. I love to take pictures with my iPhone, my camera or my mind.
5. I am currently training with a Crossfit trainer who is helping me get healthier, with exercise, discipline and a good food combination plan that is working for me.
6. I am married to my best friend and have been with him for 25 years… he is the reason I am Happy, Healthy and In Love.
7. I am free!
My favorite blogging inspirations for today are:
There are so many more that are inspirational to me that I follow but not enough time to acknowledge you all. I post comments on many of your sights when you move me so you know who you are… thank you for the support we give and get here on WordPress.com. You keep the fire lit and the juices flowing to learn more about photography and ways to be creative.
namaste my friends…
Christmas Miracle in the desert
This year my friends and I decided to adopt a family of five children and their grandparents for Christmas. Their moms abandoned their kids and the baby, Matthew, four months old was born addicted to drugs. The other four children, Vincent, 9, Marisa 7, Maribel 6 and Isiah 4’s mom simply gave them up. Marie and Frank decided to take them in last year and they haven’t been able to pay their utilities, and have made payments on their light bill to keep them on. They could only afford to purchase one gift for the kids to share so they put a trampoline in layaway for Christmas.
My friend Laura told us about this family, she works with Marie, and who is the bread winner for the family and Frank stays home with the children. Both Marie and Frank are diabetic, but have hearts of gold.
We started collecting clothing, gifts and money for this family and this is my garage with the donations of loving friends, who have never met this family:
I got to meet the children this week, and I gave them one bag of toys for the boys and baby dolls, to the girls… you would have thought they won the lottery:
This is my friend Laura on the left who introduced our “family to Marie and Frank and their beautiful grandbabies:
and here is Frank who cares for the children when Marie is hard at work… He told me he knew God was one of the reasons that we were helping them because they have been struggling for a year, since they took in their grandchildren… his eyes welled up and I told Him we knew God had a hand in this miracle, and that they had friends who cared about them and they were not alone!
I told the kids that I spoke to Santa and he had a very big delivery for them on Christmas morning and their eyes lit up! We wrapped the whole garage full of gifts for each of these precious children and Marie and Laura picked them all up in their van and another vehicle. As Marie’s eyes welled up she said “Who are these people?” We gave her $725 dollars and she is able to pay off her light bill, pick up the trampoline, and know that we are going to support them in the future, even with $10 or $20 for milk and to make sure their lights don’t ever go dark…
This is the best Christmas of my life!!! Not one gift around our tree, but the tears of gratitude are flowing as one of our donors 4 year old boy picked out all of his favorite toys to give these children and that night when he said his prayers he said… “God please watch over my new little friends so they may have a very Merry Christmas!!!” omg
Indian Pow Wow, Coachella Valley, CA
The ultimate… my son Andy and my birthday which we share!!! Happiest day!!!
Now it’s your turn to show me what festive mean to you. What’s your favourite feast, festival or celebration? What makes you jolly, gets you merry or fills you with cheer? If you would like to join in this week’s travel theme (everyone’s welcome!) here’s what to do:
- Create your own post and title it Travel theme: Festive
- Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
For some other really cool links for this topic check out this site:
As my bi-line in my blog states: I am Happy, Healthy and In Love! And that would not be possible if I hadn’t met my soul mate in 1988. We have been in a committed relationship since January of 1989, and married since March of 1993. My husband David is my best friend and we have been through a lot together these last 23+ years. My Favorite Spot is “With Him”
We went on some surf trips to Mexico in our early days..
My husband fell 30 feet back in August of 1993, and was in a coma for many days and wheelchair bound for 18 months. He had a spinal fusion, two knee replacements, shoulder surgery, and it was a tough road for many years.
We love to laugh and play hide and go seek with one another… he makes me laugh a lot!!!
Last Christmas we went to San Francisco on a Christmas Cruise with his company
We love to travel, stay home or just watch football all Sunday on NFL Redzone!!! I feel blessed to have a soul mate who “gets” me, and doesn’t try to change me… through thick or through thin we are in this together!!
How could this not be my “Favorite Spot”? At my husbands side… til death do us part, and beyond!!!
The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.
~ Morrie Schwartz
Open hearts will open more hearts.
~ Cat Forsley
I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
~ Mother Teresa
Love and be loved…a couple of things they didn’t teach me in school.
More will be revealed…
Way Spiritual Dave
Mind Travelers – In God We Trust
Another trick or treat experience for my hubby and me… different year, different costume… same cheeks! If you ever see these cheeks in a costume shop buy them! We have caused more uncontrollable laughter in our friends and family… I will share a few others in my series…
You too will suffer from the sore cheek syndrome. 😀
The Third Step Prayer
God, I offer myself to Thee — to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!